The International Hospital Federation (IHF) is launching its 2021 IHF Awards, its premier awards program for hospitals and health service providers after its postponement in 2020 due to the pandemic.
“The COVID-19 pandemic continues to create havoc globally and has put our healthcare providers and systems under unimaginable strain. However, in response to this pandemic, we are delighted to see that hospitals and healthcare organizations around the world also produced outstanding and innovative projects to combat COVID-19 worthy of worldwide recognition. We would like this year’s IHF Awards to be dedicated as a platform for these projects to be highlighted and serve as inspiration to others,” Ronald Lavater, CEO of the International Hospital Federation, said.
The 2021 IHF Awards also features a new category, the Sultanate of Oman Excellence Award for Health Services During Crisis. This award aims to recognize the achievements of hospitals and healthcare organizations in developing countries during a time of crisis. Apart from global recognition similar to other IHF Awards, the winning organization will receive a 10,000 CHF grant in addition to the travel and accommodation stipend.
Dr. Lawrence Lai, IHF Awards Committee Chairman said: “We would like this year’s IHF Awards to reach more deserving hospitals and healthcare organizations. This new category, the Sultanate of Oman Excellence Award for Health Services During Crisis, will provide a golden opportunity for more hospitals, especially for those which have been delivering outstanding healthcare services to showcase their superlative achievements despite unfavourable situations.”
The introduction of this new category brings the total IHF Awards categories to six, which includes the following:
- Dr. Kwang Tae Kim Grand Hospital Award – recognizing institutions (not individual projects) that excelled in several areas including, but not limited to, quality and patient safety, corporate social responsibility, healthcare leadership and management practices and supporting sustainability initiatives.
- Excellence Award for Corporate Social Responsibility – recognizing excellence or outstanding achievements in advancing corporate social responsibility
- Austco Excellence Award for Quality and Patient Safety – recognizing excellence or outstanding achievements in promoting quality and patient safety
- American College of Healthcare Executives Excellence Award for Leadership and Management – recognizing excellence or outstanding achievements in strong leadership and management in leading a hospital or a health service provider
- Ashikaga-Nikken Excellence Award for Green Hospitals – honouring hospitals and healthcare organizations promoting sustainable and eco-friendly initiatives.
- The IHF Awards 2021 is open for entries until 31 July 2021. Winning organizations will be announced in an Awards Ceremony during the 44th World Hospital Congress which will be held from 8-11 November 2021 in Barcelona, Spain.