The Feinberg research group at Carnegie Mellon University, along with collaborators in the Netherlands, has developed a dynamic heart model comprised of engineered heart muscle tissue designed to mimic physiologic preloads and afterloads.
Healthcare Automation and Digitalization Congress will be held at BGS online platform on the 27th – 28th of September, 2021. Hospitals, clinical laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, service companies, governmental bodies, and institutions will gather to discuss digital trends in the healthcare industry. Among the participating companies are Roche, Novartis, Pfizer, Abbott, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Oxford University Hospitals, University Medicine Essen.
The business program will cover the following topics:
- Digital strategy for healthcare business transformation
- Data advanced management and cyber security in healthcare
- Personalized medicine developments
- Healthcare devices: Telehealth and mHealth
- AI and robotics in the healthcare industry
- Pharmacology role in digital health
- Software for clinical and laboratory settings
Healthcare Automation and Digitalization Congress is the networking platform for healthcare providers, clinical laboratories, governmental bodies and institutions, and pharmaceutical companies. It is a place for experts to share their cases, exhibitors to showcase their solutions, and industry representatives to discuss healthcare trends at the same venue.
Request business program: https://bit.ly/3C3aFk3
Leaders of the global healthcare community are invited to attend an important virtual event looking at developing innovative practices for a sustainable future.
The event – Green Hospitals: Sharing innovative practices for a sustainable future – on 7 October (12pm – 3pm UTC), is being hosted by the International Hospital Federation and Dialog Health.
It will bring together hospital executives from around the world to share their strategies and experiences in promoting sustainability in the healthcare sector.
Climate change – a major threat to public health
Hospital and healthcare professionals are at the forefront of the fight against climate change, which is at risk of becoming the biggest public health threat of our generation:
- If the world’s healthcare sector were a country, it would be the fifth-largest emitter of carbon emissions on the planet.
- Medical professionals have identified climate change from carbon emissions as the ‘biggest global health threat of the 21st century’. (The Lancet, Commission on Climate Change, 2009)
- Between 2030 and 2050, climate change is expected to cause more than 250,000 additional deaths per year.
The keynote speaker at the event will be Dr. Satoru Komatsumoto, Emeritus Director of Ashikaga Red Cross Hospital, which is Japan’s first green hospital Dr. Komatsumoto will share his insights into designing a resilient hospital.
He commented: “Sixteen years ago, I proposed that our hospital should be eco-conscious. I wanted to create a hospital that would be beautiful and that would organically integrate all the features to meet the challenges of the future… I wondered what kind of hospital would meet the needs of our time. I studied very hard to imagine a next generation hospital.”
The program also includes speakers from Europe and the USA who will share strategies to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2030, sustainable food circuits and building a carbon-neutral hospital. There will also be dedicated time for small group discussions with the experts to explore innovative ideas.
- You can register here for Green Hospitals: Sharing innovative practices for a sustainable future.
The 23rd National Healthcare CXO Summit will take place on 24-26 October 2021 in Boston, MA. This summit gathers leading healthcare executives and innovative suppliers and solution providers physically together at a premium location, the Boston, Encore, Boston, MA.
The summit effectively unites experts in an exclusive networking environment providing the opportunity to pre-schedule one-to-one physical business meetings with leading and forward-thinking executives. Delegates that have attended in the past include:
- Beacon Health System – Chief Executive Officer
- Elmhurst Hospital – President and Chief Executive Officer
- Erlanger Health System – Executive VP and CFO/Treasurer
- Luke’s Health System – President and Chief Executive Officer
- Yale New Haven Health System – Executive Vice President/Chief Strategy Officer
- The MetroHealth System – President and Chief Executive Officer
- Mercy Health – Regional President and Chief Executive Officer
The one-to-one business meetings provide access to the gate keepers of sizeable budgets – top executives actively seeking external partnerships with operational, management, financial and technology solutions, geared entirely to the needs of healthcare industry.
Dec 5-8, 2021
Nov 8-11, 2021
May 29-31, 2021
April 13-15, 2021
Jan 25 -28, 2021
Dec 9-12, 2020