The International Hospital Federation (IHF) recognizes that many hospitals and healthcare organizations around the globe are still caught up in the fight against COVID-19 and decided to extend the deadline and provide more time for everyone to prepare their entries for the IHF awards.
“The COVID-19 pandemic continues to create havoc globally and has put our healthcare providers and systems under unimaginable strain. However, in response to this pandemic, we are delighted to see that hospitals and healthcare organizations around the world also produced outstanding and innovative projects to combat COVID-19 worthy of worldwide recognition. We would like this year’s IHF Awards to be dedicated as a platform for these projects to be highlighted and serve as inspiration to others,” Ronald Lavater, CEO of the International Hospital Federation said.
The process for submitting entries is straightforward. The IHF has awards in the following categories:
- Dr. Kwang Tae Kim Grand Hospital Award
- Austco Excellence Award for Quality and Patient Safety
- American College of Healthcare Executives Excellence Award for Leadership and Management
- Ashikaga – Nikken Excellence Award for Green Hospitals
- Sultanate of Oman Excellence Award for Health Services During Crisis
- Excellence Award for Corporate Social Responsibility
The awards will be presented during a special ceremony at the 44th IHF World Hospital Congress which will be held from 8-11 November 2021 in Barcelona, Spain.